Big changes this week, as your mom has gone back to work full-time, and not from home. That means that Ben has now joined you at your pre-pre-school. He of course is in the baby room, a room that you love to look into with or without him there, but apparently won't go into.
Every morning, or evening, and pickup or dropoff you always make me pick you up so you can "see the babies." But when I drop you and Benny off in the morning, you absolutely refuse to enter that room. Even when I take Ben in and talk to the teachers and everything, you won't come in. You just sit outside the door, where strangers are walking back and forth, the kind of thing that would normally make you run to me. Not this time, however. I have no idea if you're afraid I'm going to leave you in there with the babies so you can't go play with your friends or what, but it's bizarre. Just like everything else you do.
And speaking of, the other day I saw an empty wrapping paper tube sitting around, and remembering that I played with them like crazy as a kid gave it to you as a "present." So far it has been a baseball bat and a sword, but has mostly been used as either a "horsey" or something to jump over. As in, you take your mom's yoga mat, make either her or I hold the tube with the end pressed against the wall like a high jump bar, and then get a running start and jump over it. Again and again.
It's actually pretty impressive, because I'd guess you have about an 8 inch vertical jump or so, which is pretty incredible because you're only like 2 feet tall. Future athlete, perhaps? Your teachers think so. They tell us you're one of the smartest and most athletic in your class.
Just like I was.
No comments:
Post a Comment