Monday, September 28, 2015

College Choice: Made

Every since our latest visit to Florida Abby has been saying she wants to be a "Dolphin Whisperer" (trainer) when she grows up.  So this weekend I take her to the Gopher football game and we have to walk through the campus and I try to explain college to her and tell her "this is where daddy went to college."  Later on the ride home:

Abby:  "Daddy can I go to college where you went to college?"

Me: "Sure honey.  You can go to college whenever you want, even in Florida."

Abby:  "No way, daddy, I can't leave you and Mommy."

Me:  "Well, if you want to be a Dolphin Whisperer you can't go to college in Minnesota."

Abby:  "Ok then.  But you guys have to visit me a lot."


So we now know, with 11 years to prepare for it, that she's just fine going away for college.  I don't know if 11 years is enough time.

No comments:

Post a Comment