A few quick stories of the kids before we go trick-or-treating (Abby is a witch, Ben is a Gopher basketball player).
- Abby is currently in preschool and has made many friends. Two of these friends are twin girls named Ava and Neveah. Abby referes to them as "the two Avas." Not because she thinks they are both named Ava, but because they are Twins and look identical they are just "two Avas" to her.
- At school the kids were given a sheet of paper that said "Jesus keeps me safe when _____" and then they said whatever they wanted and the teacher wrote that in and then they were supposed to add a picture of it. Most of the kids had "when I'm playing with my mom" or "when I'm outside with dad" or even "when there is a fire." Abby's said, "when there are dinosaurs" and there was a picture of a dinosaur coming after her. I'm going to add that picture when I get a chance.
- Lately Abby has been very anti-moon. As in, when we are driving somewhere and it's dark she always wants to know why the moon is following us and "why does the moon like me so much?" and she will get mad at it and want it to go away.
- I wish I had more funny Ben stories, but since at 26 months old he's still not really talking it's harder to put into words. He does love making people laugh though, and if he does something funny and somebody laughs he will immediately repeat the behavior over and over again. He is also Abby's little shadow. The other night at dinner Abby was writing letters in the air with her fingers and we were supposed to say what they were. Of course we were having fun guessing and laughing and Ben wanted in on the action, so he started stabbing the air with his finger and making noises like he was making letters too. I'm not sure if this translates well two the written word, but it was pretty funny.
- That's all for now. Heading over to Grandma and Papa's tonight to trick-or-treat with Uncle Chris. I know Abby's excited. I can't wait to see how Ben deals with it since this will be his first time going to the door with a bag and everything. I'm betting he won't go near a door, but you never know how strong his need to follow his sister is. Stay tuned.
No comments:
Post a Comment